Monday, November 16, 2009

L'Amica Di Mia Madre


It's been a pretty hectic fall for at least 1/2 of the Windsurf crew. I've been on the road pretty much every weekend since August. I'm going to be spending a little more time at home coming up so I'd like to take that opportunity to start sharing some of the music that inspires me on a daily basis.

First up is Alberto Baldan Bembo's L'Amica Di Mia Madre. This is a high grade Morricone-esque Italian OST from the early 1970s. What you can expect: lush strings, tense piano, tight drums, swinging horns, and a nonchalant acoustic guitar. The real jam here is called Pedro Come. For some reason when I hear it I imagine a impeccably-dressed waiter delivering a frosty tropical cocktail across a white sand beach to a mysterious bronzed bikini-clad babe under an orange umbrella. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful music and a nice horizontal / vertical cover. T.

    ReplyDelete